Every Tue, Wed, Thur & Sat
In April 2018 when we began our restoration work, nearly 40% of current users indicated that longer library hours was a much-desired service. In response, HEPA JAM! offers extended library opening hours by three hours to 8 pm (instead of 5 pm) from Tuesday to Thursday and until 4 pm on Saturdays. Delivered by Book Bunk and volunteers who donate their time and services, the programme is structured as follows;
- Extended library hours from 5 pm – 8 pm on all weekdays and 1 pm – 4 pm on Saturdays.
- A predetermined schedule of free one-on-one sessions with experts on law, taxes and similar topics
- Workshops/group sessions and artistic showcases
Why HEPA JAM!?
- To promote and nurture arts and co-curricular activities
- To offer the public respite from Nairobi’s infamous rush hour
- To demonstrate the potential for these spaces to provide a home for Nairobi’s creativity